Last Update :1/23/2020
Manor Country Club (MCC) in Rockville, MD seeks Superintendent
Manor Country Club is a traditional private country club founded in 1922. As we approach our centenary, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to guide our course into the future.
The original 27-hole property was designed by William S. Flynn. The membership enjoyed this wonderful golf course until 2005 when Arthur Hills renovated the 18-hole championship golf course.
Today, Manor Country Club, with 27 holes of golf, 10 tennis courts (four of which are ‘bubbled’ for year-round enjoyment), and two swimming pools, retains the beauty of the rolling hills, water features, foliage, and trees that were evident at its founding. Its clubrooms, dining rooms, golf, tennis and swim programs are vibrant, with an active family-centric focus. Unlike the property in 1922, the club is now surrounded by homes, roadways and commerce however, it still provides a quiet retreat within a tract of natural beauty.
Manor Country Club’s excellent foundation of amenities, spread out in a campus-like setting, enjoys great outdoor spaces for entertainment and recreational activities. Truly a Club for “the family”, Manor is constantly hosting a large number of activities and special events, including the annual Independence Day fireworks celebration that draws well over 1,700 members and guests.
The Club has approximately 810 members in all categories, with approximately 555 in Active/Community Golf categories. Approximately 22,000 rounds of golf are played annually on the Championship course. The 9-hole “Harry Pitt” is a shorter course and rounds are counted separately.
Overall maintenance, operations and management of the golf course and club grounds while conserving and protecting natural resources.
· Supervising the maintenance of the golf course and managing grounds department personnel
· Supervising the maintenance and repair of the golf course maintenance equipment
· Providing professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the management team, the Greens Committee, and the Board of Governors
· Participating in all aspects of long-range planning
· Annual development and management of Club’s green budget
The ideal candidate will possess a true love for the game of golf, hold a 2-4 year degree in Turf Management from a recognized university, and be highly regarded and respected by his/her peers and the golf community at large. Will possess a minimum of 7 to 10 year’s experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or a First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at a top private golf course. The prospective Superintendent must be a highly qualified, passionate professional and have outstanding membership relations and communication skills, both in written form and verbally. Successful experience in mid-Atlantic Bent Grass turf management is a critical success factor. The superintendent will report directly to the General Manager. Additionally,
· He/she must have a proven record of strong operational management skills
· Have an impeccable career path ensuring the highest standards of operation and attention todetail.
· The successful candidate will possess sound business acumen
· Outstanding agronomic knowledge and advanced agronomic skills
· Possesses a calm, efficient and helpful manner, good telephone manner and able to work under pressure under tight deadlines, while maintaining confidentiality at all times
· Be able to provide the energy and desire to continue to execute the highest standards Manor members come to expect
· The Club is looking for a "visionary type" person who understands trends in the private club industry and can help position the Club to successfully take advantage of these trends.
· Spray Technician/Applicator Certificate/License required
A proven leader with multidimensional talent base encompassing a multitude of critical areas necessary for success, including but not limited to:
· management and coaching staff development
· communication skills
· fluent in Spanish
· Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills
· drive, integrity and diplomacy
Compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications. An excellentbenefits package will be offered as well as expenses for GCSAA related travel for national conferences, meetings and educational and professional programs.
Please visit the website at: www.manorcc.org
This position is currently available.
Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
How to apply:
Email Resumes and Cover Letters to:
Jack Molinaro, CCM, CCE
IMPORTANT: These documents should be saved as follows and emailed in Word or PDF format
· Last Name, First Name, Resume
· Last Name, First Name, Cover Letter
· Last Name, First Name, Professional References.
No phone calls please
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, January 24th
[ More News ]