Last Update :2/7/2020
Montgomery Country Club seeks Senior Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Montgomery Country Club
20908 Golf View Drive
Laytonsville, Maryland 20882
Position: Senior Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Montgomery Country Club is a private 18 hole facility owned and operated by Arcis Golf. The Senior Assistant Superintendent will partner with the Superintendent to direct and coordinate golf course maintenance activities to provide quality course conditions and aid in selecting and developing employees to exceed our member and guests expectations.
Primary Responsibilities include the following and are not limited to:
- Recruit, interview, select and hire golf course maintenance staff.
- Effectively lead and schedule staff to ensure a quality product. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
- Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards.
- Proactively identify and correct agronomic problems that may arise.
- Ensure staff receives proper safety and job skills training through group training, on the job training, communication, meetings, etc.
- Evaluate, create and implement fertilizer and pesticide programs. Ensure equipment is operating properly and calibrated correctly prior to each application.
- Evaluate and assess equipment management, operation and set up.
- Ensure financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures are being followed consistently.
- Maintain constant communication between departments.
- Participate in the creation and execution of short term and long term operational and financial plans to improve quality and financial results.
- Two-year Turfgrass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required.
- Three years golf course maintenance experience with progressive responsibility required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a pesticide license within the first three months of start.
- Working knowledge of turf grass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
- Experience supervising others and leading a team
Compensation is commensurate based upon experience. The Senior Assistant Superintendent will receive a full time benefit program offered to Arcis employees.
Please email resumes and cover letters to Golf Course Superintendent Steve Newsome – email@example.com
To Apply online please visit:
[ More News ]