Last Update :2/21/2020
Turf Valley Resort in Ellicott City, MD seeks Assistant Superintendent
Turf Valley Resort is currently looking for a Full-Time Golf Course Assistant Superintendent to join our team and focus on providing the highest quality of service for our members and guests.
Due to future renovation plans, this rare position will have the exclusive opportunity to gain experience in maintaining/conditioning a golf course throughout the season, as well as being involved in the renovation process. Turf Valley is a 36-hole private facility. Future plans include renovation work to begin August 2020 on the Original Course and August 2021 on the Hialeah Course. Renovation work, to be completed by McDonald and Sons, will consist of construction of new tee complexes, bunker construction, sodding green surrounds, minor surface adjustments and re-grassing of the greens. Other renovation work will include but not limited to irrigation upgrades, cart path work and tree removal.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day to day operation of the greens staff, under the supervision of the Superintendent.
- Responsible for the supervision of all golf course maintenance and personnel in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
- Water Management.
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment.
- Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Will report directly to the Golf Course Superintendent.
Skills & requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associates in Turfgrass Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years golf course experience.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Previous experience as a Golf Course Assistant Superintendent preferred.
- Must be able to carry out daily assignments as well as turf and crew management strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of irrigation repair, maintenance and operation.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
Turf Valley Resort offers a variety of benefit plans to meet the needs of our diverse workforce. As a Full-Time employee you can enjoy the following:
- Salary is commensurate of experience and includes on-site housing
- Group Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Disability Benefits
- Discounted Hotel Rooms
- Free Golf
- Discounted Meals
- Discounted Spa Services
Applicants are to email cover letter and resume to:
[ More News ]