Last Update :7/29/2020
Mattaponi Springs Golf Club Seeks Superintendent
OPPORTUNITY: Golf Course Superintendent
LOCATION: Mattaponi Springs Golf Club
Ruther Glen, VA
CLUB OVERVIEW: Just North of Richmond, Virginia; Mattaponi Springs is the premier golf destination in Central Virginia. Designed by Bob Lohmann (designer of the Merit Club), Mattaponi is a 6,900-yard par 72 championship course with a 5-acre practice facility. It was named the No. 1 Best New Upscale Public Course on the East Coast and No. 2 in the United States in 2005 by Golf Digest magazine. Mattaponi has maintained a Top 10 ranking, amongst public golf courses in Virginia. Mattaponi Springs was ranked #50 on the 2013 /2014 Golf Digest Top 100 Public list in the country, climbing from #72 the prior year
EXPERIENCE: Experience as head superintendent preferred but will consider assistant with solid background. Must have exposure to very highly maintained facilities.
COMPENSATION: $70,000 per year
GCSAA and local chapter membership dues
SEND RESUME TO: Brenda Simmons
firstname.lastname@example.org (emailed applications preferred)
- Supervising the maintenance of all turfgrass related areas.
- Hires, supervises, and develops all employees in the maintenance department.
- Supervising the efficient operation of an equipment service and repair shop and mechanic.
- Keeping needed records related to personnel, operations, equipment maintenance, chemicals, weather, and safety.
- Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment.
- Supervises maintenance and operation of the irrigation and drainage systems.
- Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis.
- A 2 or 4 year degree in turfgrass science, agronomy, horticulture, or plant and soil sciences.
- Experience in all phases of golf course management and turf culture.
- Certified and licensed for restricted pesticide usage.
- Participating knowledge in the game of golf.
- Knowledge of characteristics and proper use of various pesticides and fertilizers.
- Knowledge of watering practices and irrigation systems.
- Ability to train, motivate and effectively direct the work of employees in a safe and efficient manner.
- Keep records related to expenditures, personnel, operations, equipment, chemicals, pesticides, weather, and safety.
- Knowledge of local, federal, and state laws and regulations affecting management of a golf course operation.
- Must be highly detailed orientated.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skill.
- Preferred computer skills – Word and Excel.
[ More News ]